Today’s an important anniversary for me. Four years ago today (at approximately 6 am), I dragged myself into the emergency room thinking I was having a heart attack. (This, after I’d been treated for years with asthma…)
It wasn’t a heart attack. And it wasn’t (nor had it ever been) asthma. Instead the docs found “massive amount of blood clots” (an exact quote from the ER doctor that saw me) in my lungs. (They still can’t figure out the why of it all, by the way.)
So, I was supposed to die, at least according to the docs in that particular hospital. Thankfully my family got me out of there and sent me to Boston’s Brigham-Women’s Hospital.
After a long stay, and a really long and complicated surgery that offered me a 40% chance of surviving, I woke up.
And here I am.
Since then two of my books have been published, one traditional and one self-pub. While anxiety and PTSD still seriously cramp my style (I’m a work in progress) I’ve continued to write, albeit slower than I used to.
I changed day-job careers, dumped some seriously heavy ‘baggage’ in my life (it’s not all gone, but I’m getting there), and with only a few setbacks here and there (medically speaking), I’m doing well.
So, that’s it. Four years have gone by. I’m not where I wanted to be–goal wise–in 2017, but I’m seeing forward progress on all fronts. I’m going to hang my hat on that. I’ve been writing and revising, and editing, and looking at cover art, and finding an editor. I have another novella I hope to get out my the end of the year which has been really fun to write. It’s sweet and my hero is cute, and grumpy in his own way, and needs to get his head out of his you know where. His heroine has been helping him with that. Oh, and it’s a little bit sexy, too.
With that in mind, here’s what I’ve been working on this week:
[Key: In progress; Complete; On the Horizon (i.e. it should happen within 2 weeks); Abandoned or Moved to Future Quarter]
- Complete October, BIAW goal: My RWA chapters, October BIAW is just around the corner. I will be setting my goal for 5,000 words.
- Untitled Novella 1
- Finish revisions (only a few chapters left. EEEEEEK!!!): If all goes according to plan I’ll be finished on Sunday (a week later than I wanted, but life happens…)
- Pick a title (this is obviously an important one, LOL)
- Send to novella to editor
- Finish revisions of Sweet Confessions (Ashten Falls, 3) draft–With luck I can finish this by November 15th. *fingers crossed*
- Complete paperback process for Full Disclosure (FD)–I’ve done nothing on this. I really have got to get my butt in gear!!
- Schedule a review of October goals and progress and modify goals as necessary
- Schedule (and complete!) a minimum of 1 hour of admin time, weekly–done for this week
That’s all for me, so far. I’ll be trudging along with the twitter sprints at 1pm EST when I can, and joining Fallon, Shan, Lauren, and the rest of Team Sprinty to knock some more items off my writerly to-do lists. Let me know how your progressing in the comments. I’d love to hear from you!
Oh, one last thing: I’m taking names for anyone who wants to read the beta version of my novella. Not sure when it will be exactly but if you’re interested let me know in the comments. Thanks for your support, and see you around the ROW!