I had written a post on the evening of the 4th, scheduled it for the 5th, and it never went anywhere. It’s still sitting there as a draft.
Oh well! No use crying over spilled milk; I’m just going to carry on.
The last couple weeks have had me in a bit of stasis when it comes to writing goals. I went to DC for a work trip (visiting with our lovely NY House and Senate delegation–which was totally depressing by the way) and got back at 1am on Wednesday.
Fun times. 🙁
Thankfully I won’t be traveling again until February 27 (a quick one night trip to Albany) so I plan on writing, a lot, between now and then.
Last time I checked in these were my weekly goals, and here’s how I did [Note: green = completed; red = not even a little bit done; blue = in progress; orange = some work on it but heading in a not so productive direction!]:
- Read 3 chpaters of GMC
- Write/revise a min of 500 words, for 5 of the next 6 days, on Sweet Escape
- Read through another 6 chapters of all beta comments and make changes where needed: only one chapter completed 🙁
- Review January goals (and quarterly goals); adjust as needed and outline Feb. goals in Happy Planner: I really need to do this. It’s February 11th!
- Finish writing Q1 Action plan
Welp, my progress sucked but not much I can do about it. Other than try to do better this week. Below are the goals I’m tackling (and hopefully smashing through) this week:
- Finish reading GMC
- Re-write/revise 2 chapters in Sweet Escape
- Finish 6 chapters of beta comments on Wanted
- Look at and outline remaining goals for February
- Start putting together March goals Action Plan
- Continue playing with background for short story plot bunny
I want to accomplish more (I have a whole list in front of me, in fact) but I also know better than to overwhelm myself. I’ll only get pissed at myself and give up, so this is all I’m shooting for. If I get more than this done I will definitely report it next Sunday, though! 🙂
I hope everyone has had a fantastic week and I look forward to seeing how you’re doing with your ROW80 goals. See you next Sunday!